ICN Community News
Indiana Central News
Terre Haute, Indiana
Terre Haute, Indiana
Vigo County Health Department
Oct. 21 – Oct. 26
David’s 63 Cafe, 3702 S St Rd 63-(3 Critical, 1 Non-Critical) No consumer advisory on menu for raw or under cooked items. Observed employee handle toast and bacon with bare hands. Raw sausage and ham in cooler found at 60-69F should be 41F or less.
Seelymart, 9681 E US Hwy 40-(2 Critical, 1 Non-Critical) Ice machine found with black debris. Soda nozzles found with accumulated black debris.
Delish Cafe, 2144 N 25th St-(2 Critical) Uncovered employee drink found on prep table. No sanitizer measured in dishwasher.
Country Mart, 4802 US Hwy 150 W-(1 Critical, 3 Non-Critical) Chubs of cheese and lunchmeat not marked with date of consumption.
Panda Garden, 3540 S US Hwy 41-(1 Critical, 2 Non-Critical) Soda nozzle holder observed with accumulated debris.
Subway, 1120 Wabash Ave-(1 Critical, 1 Non-Critical) Black debris found inside of ice machine.
Kleptz, 9711 E US Hwy 40-(1 Critical, 1 Non-Critical) Chemical sanitizer levels in dishwasher reading 0 ppm.
Marine Corps League, 3006 N 16th St-(1 Critical, 1 Non-Critical) Potato slicer observed with accumulated debris.
LaQuinta Inn & Suites, 451 E Margaret Ave-(1 Critical, 1 Non-Critical) Hand wash sink found with rags and dish soap in it.
Pizza Di Roma, 3401 Dixie Bee Rd-(1 Critical) Black debris found on soda nozzles.
Holiday Inn Terre Haute, 3300 S US Hwy 41-(1 Critical) Not sanitizing kitchenware after washing in 3 bay sink.
Casey’s General Store, 9700 E US Hwy 40-(1 Critical) Taco meat containers found with no date markings.
China Garden, 1353 Wabash Ave-(3 Non-Critical)
Pizza Hut Delivery, 1301 Wabash Ave-(1 Non-Critical)
Speedway, 2135 Wabash Ave-(1 Non-Critical)
Southside Scoops, 2 W Honey Creek Pkwy-(1 Non-Critical)
Casey’s General Store, 819 W National Ave-(1 Non-Critical)
BPO Elk’s #86, 2125 N 25th St-(1 Non-Critical)
Establishments with No Violations
Moe’s Southwest Grill, 2828 S 3rd St
Fairfield Inn, 475 E Margaret Ave
Comfort Suites, 501 Margaret Ave
Starbuck’s Coffee Company, 3017 S US Hwy 41
Drury Inn, 3040 S US Hwy 41
Springhill Suites, 3304 S US Hwy 41
White Violet Center Farm Store, 1 Sisters of Providence
Maryvale Housing, 3461 St Mary’s Rd
Climbing Café, 5070 S 7th St
Fontanet Tavern, 11150 Gallagher Rd
Dollar General # 4894, 9580 E Hwy 40
Warren Village, 1300 N 25th St
Maurizio’s Pizza, 5035 N Lafayette Ave-(1 Critical, 4 Non-Critical) Dough containers found with built up debris.
Trick-or- Treat times in Terre Haute: Oct. 30 and Oct. 31 from 6 p.m.–9 p.m.
Indiana State Police
It’s that time of year when kids are looking forward to dressing up in their favorite costumes and spending time with family and friends trick or treating!
Although everyone loves to get lots of candy and have fun, the most important thing is safety while trick or treating, and making sure everyone gets home safely!
Listed below are some safety tips that the Indiana State Police Putnamville Post would like to provide.
1) Know what the dates and times are in your local community for trick or treating.
2) Make sure that you have a flashlight, glow stick, or reflective material on the costume so that you can be seen at all times.
3) Always trick or treat with an adult or in a group and use the buddy system when going from house to house.
4) Please walk on the sidewalks and not in the roadway and make sure that you look both directions before crossing the roadway.
5) Only go trick or treating at houses where the front porch light is on.
6) Take masks off between houses so that you can see where you are walking.
7) Only accept treats at the doorway of the house. Never enter the house of a stranger.
8) If a trick or treater gets separated from the group, have them stay where they are located and ask an adult for help.
9) Have an adult inspect the candy before it is eaten.
10) If you’re not actively participating in trick or treating and are out driving, we ask that you please slow down and drive with caution.
The Putnamville State Police Post hopes that these few safety tips help you enjoy your night out with friends and family while trick or treating!
© Indiana Central News. All rights reserved. Terre Haute, Indiana
News Writer: Lucy Perry